Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The adventure begins

We have been here a little over a week and we are getting use to living with out the modern conveniences we have in the states. There are no screens on windows, there is no air conditioning which is OK because it doesn't get very warm here, and there in no grocery store open past 7:00 pm. I am now comfortable with riding the tubes without Chris holding my hand and Chris is comfortable enough with me being here to give me a list of things to retrieve while he is working such as dry cleaning and groceries ;-). Last weekend on Sunday we went for our first big outing ...well it wasn't really big it was kind of small but non the less an outing. A co-worker of mine who lived here for a bit gave me a box with walks in London. There are approximately 50 of them and I plan to do all of them. Our first two were of Hyde Park and St. James Park. Very nice parks!! I am pretty sure Kodi would have loved them.
Here are some pictures of a few things we saw on the walk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! We really miss you though!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I kinda wish I was there....

How long are you staying? Long enough for visitors? :)

sml3het said...

I like your blog. Can't wait to hear all about the fun place you two go :) Love, Cousin Michelle

Aimee said...

Cheers!!! Keep writing.. I want to hear all about the adventures in London..